Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend


This weekend Jonathan and I had some visitors for our Memorial Day weekend.  Jonathan's parents came down to visit from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.  They got here around 3 PM, chatted for a little bit then headed to McKenzie's BBQ for an early dinner.


After dinner we headed into Houston to go to a Houston Astros game.  We got front row seats in the season ticket holder section.  The game ended in a tragic loss, but the experience was well worth it. We got back into town around 10:30 that night and headed to DQ for an ice cream fix.  After a "scooby snack" we drove home and headed to bed.

In the morning I left for church and Jonathan brought his parents a little later during my rehearsal.  I met with them just before church started to make sure they got a good seat to see Jonathan and I in the choir.  After church we headed to Chili's for some lunch then back home.  His parents hit the road a little later that afternoon.  We watched a movie later that evening, "Stand Up Guys", with Al Pacino, Alan Arkin, and Christopher Walken.

On Monday, Jonathan got the day off so we enjoyed sleeping in and resting up.  We made Monkey Bread for breakfast then played Life and Clue on the Nintendo Wii.  We were going to play Monopoly but I got a splitting headache from taking my antibiotics so I took a nap instead.  We watched some of our latest episodes on Hulu that we missed watching on TV.  After that I made dinner, which consisted of Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, and Mac n' Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment