Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jackie's Doctor Check-Up


On Monday I had my yearly check up with my local physician to get prescription refills and do a yearly physical.  I had talked about how my thyroid medicine might need to be adjusted because more of my symptoms have come back like major fatigue, hair loss, weight gain, etc.

We also talked about my constant weight gain.  Since I have been diagnosed with my thyroid disease I have consistently gained weight.  I use to weight 140 in my good old days about 7 years ago.  Once I started my anxiety medication that hasn't helped either.

He referred me to see an endocrinologist since I haven't seen one in a long while.  I made an appointment in June so hopefully they can help me get my thyroid and weight regulated.

I also did some routine blood work which wasn't too much fun.  I have two bruises on each arm because the lady couldn't find the vein.  I'll know the blood results in a couple days.

Since I'm on summer break I have started exercising again as I have more free time now.  I hope this will help with my weight as well.  I hope I can count on your encouragement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment