Thursday, September 8, 2011

Student Teaching

This semester, I am required to student teach before graduating in December.  I started student teaching on August 22nd - Monday.  I will be placed at two different schools.  I am at Peet Junior High right now.  It is located in Conroe, so it doesn't take me very long to get to school.  My next placement will be at Spring High School in Spring, TX.  I will start there towards the middle of October.  It will be about a 15-20 minute drive everyday, so still not bad.

My experience so far has been great!  My mentor teacher had given me lots of guidance and direction.  She likes to just let me run lessons how I would like to.  I have one class that she has given me complete control over and that is the Music Appreciation class.  I also get to teach some of the choir classes.  Lately, I have taught all of the classes all day!!  It is so much fun, but SO EXHAUSTING!!  I usually go to bed around 9 or 10 PM and wake up at 6:30 AM.  I have already had to write-up a girl and she got In School Suspension because she would not stop talking....and it's only the 3rd WEEK OF SCHOOL!!!!

Anyways....I have been loving every minute of it and it's not over!!  Here is to more stories on the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment