Thursday, September 8, 2011

A New Church Home

Jonathan and I have found a new church home to attend.  It is called First Presbyterian Church in Conroe, TX.  This church is in the process of getting an interim pastor and just elected an associate pastor.  The music ministry here is really strong.  They have 3 services: two traditional and one contemporary.  I received a scholarship to sing in the choir.  I am probably going to transfer my membership to here from my Huntsville church.  The choir director is a SHSU graduate and is a great leader for the ministry.  Since joining the choir, I have lowered the age percentage of the choir about 50%.  I am also playing in the hand bell choir as a fill-in/floater.  I will be filling in as substitute director for both the hand bell choir and regular choir if the director takes vacation or needs to leave.  It is a great church and I can't wait to continue being involved in the music ministry here!

No comments:

Post a Comment