Thursday, September 12, 2013

Death to Computer!



Just at the beginning of the school year, my laptop was not working.  I could not get the screen to turn on.  The lights on the keyboard would turn on, but the screen wouldn't come up and the hard drive would not run.  I called Lenovo because the computer was still under warranty thinking that it would be covered....not really.  They said it was a software corruption and fixing that would not be covered under warranty.  They told me that I had to factory reset my laptop; I said that I couldn't because all of my data was still on the laptop and there was no way of getting it off because I couldn't get the computer to turn on, and how am I to factory reset it when I can't even see the screen.  I was a little heated in the moment.  They basically were of no assistance, telling me that there was nothing they could do.

A couple days later, after school had already started, I took my laptop to Geek Squad at BestBuy and got my data off my hard drive.  2 days later I picked up my data and then said goodbye to PC laptops!  I am now the proud owner of a new MacBook and I love it.  I figured that since I have an iPod, iPhone, and iPad that it makes logical sense to get an iMac.  Now that all my Mac devices are synced, I get to use the cloud (...yay, cloud!) to help keep track of all my data on all my devices along with an external hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment