Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jonathan Update

Yesterday was an interesting day.  Jonathan woke up fine but progressively got worse throughout the day.  He developed a migraine headache and started vomiting around lunch time and stayed with him for a couple of hours.  He then started getting the chest tightness and he described his throat as "somebody swallowing with a finger in your mouth".  He had difficulty swallowing and talking for the rest of the day.  It never got bad enough to go to the ER but he was in a substantial amount of pain for the whole day.  He eventually got rid of his headache but still had the chest/throat symptoms.

I was in contact with Jonathan's allergist all day.  They decided to take him off of all the meds that he was currently taking (Prednisone and antibiotic) just in case he is allergic to the meds.  They put him on a dose of Prevacid just in case it is acid reflux.

I had to run church choir practice yesterday night and I gave him the decision whether or not to stay at home or come with me.  He decided he wanted to come with me but just to observe.  Driving home he still didn't feel good, so I dropped him off at home to let him rest so I could run some errands that I needed to do.  When I got home, I checked his blood pressure and pulse which was considerably high on both numbers.  I gave him an Ativan to help calm him down and about 30 mins later he was relaxed and falling asleep on the couch.


This morning I made Jonathan breakfast in bed.  I got to use my Orgreenic pan that I got for Valentines Day this year (yes....I asked for it!)  I made omelets and cinnamon rolls.  Jonathan has felt considerably better.  He complained of a small headache but as of 1:30 this afternoon he said that it was gone.  He has had no chest or throat problems today, knock on wood, and hopefully it will stay that way.

He has his skin testing tomorrow at 9:30 AM.  We will hopefully know more tomorrow at least by his skin reactions then we will go back for a follow-up with the doctor to review the results.

More will be posted tomorrow....keep the prayers coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment