Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Jobs & New Home


If you haven't already read, Jonathan received a job offer from a company called Weatherford Laboratories.  This place is located on the north side of The Woodlands, right near I-45 and SH 242.  He got a call from this place on Monday about an interview.  He interviewed on Thursday and received his offer call on Friday around noon-time.  He is going to be hired through Kelly Services for a trial period of 3 months.  He will then be evaluated again and fully hired through the actual company, hopefully.  He could still use the good luck prayers until his 3 month evaluation period is over, then he will REALLY have a job.  He was originally offered $45,000 for his position, but then got a phone call that says they raised it to $48,500.  Not too bad, and he hasn't even started yet!!  He will hopefully start after we get back from vacation to Minnesota, around June 5th-6th.

I have recently got accepted to School of Music Graduate School at SHSU.  I am still waiting on my official acceptance from the university because I don't have my GRE scores....that's a blog post waiting to happen in the future!!  I take the GRE in August and hope to receive my scores by November in order to meet the December deadline.  With this opportunity, I also got accepted to the Graduate Assistantship program, or in my words "fully-funded school!"  This program pays around $8,000 a semester in order to cover my fee statement (which includes tuition, fees, other nickel and dime items, parking sticker, etc.)  This should cover everything on that statement with a little bit leftover as a refund.  I'm not sure of the exact amount yet.

I also recently took over an existing position as a church choir director at Faith Lutheran Church in Huntsville.  I will be directing the church choir there and maybe some other things.  I'm not totally sure on some of the specifics of the job.  It pays around $500 a month, not bad for a Wednesday and Sunday job.

Jonathan came to visit me this weekend because I had my last choir concert of the year.  On Saturday before the concert we did some apartment paroozing in Conroe.  We figured that Conroe would be a good half-way point between work and school.  We toured 4 different apartment complexes and decided on one, The Heritage at Hooper Hill.  This was the apartment complex Jill & Josh lived in when Jill first got her job at McKesson.  We applied online for a 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom layout plan.  It was the best deal that we got for the amount of space and gated location.

This was the only 1 Bed/1 Bath layout they had available.  It is the biggest of the 3 plans with 764 square feet of space.  It includes a bedroom with 2 closets (I told Jonathan I get the bigger one!), spacious bathroom with a garden-style tub, kitchen with LOTS of counter space, and plenty of living room and dining room area for furniture.  We will most likely get a 2nd floor apartment that is right next to the clubhouse.  We will have to pay a fee every month for the washer and dryers to rent, but it will save on quarters and lugging laundry.

We are really happy with the new changes that are coming and are excited with what will come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment