Sunday, August 21, 2011

Burnin' Down the House!

While cooking lunch today, I was cooking hamburgers in the oven using the broiler.  FYI...I have done this before!!  Well this batch of hamburgers was a little bit more greasy than normal, so the grease was bubbling up and splattering on the broiler coil.  I noticed this and pulled them out of the oven and turned the oven off.  While in the midst of putting my temperature fork together the smoke alarm started going off!!  I didn't know that the oven was producing that much smoke!!  Jonathan started running into the bathroom and acting crazy....seriously!!  I grabbed the kitchen towel and started fanning the smoke detector.  After 30 seconds it stopped beeping.  I'll never make hamburgers in the oven again....who's getting us that grill off of our wedding registry??

No comments:

Post a Comment