Thursday, June 9, 2011

A New Goal

 
Well, it's about time that I faced the music on this.  I am not at a weight that I would call beautiful right now, and I would love for that to change.  I have found that over the past 3 years since my sophomore year I have gained over 60 pounds.  I mostly blame it on my thyroid disease, but I mostly have to blame myself for not doing anything about it.  I have just over a year before the wedding and I would love to not be a "chunky monkey".  I calculated my BMI today and I am considered in the Obese category now.  That is really motivating me to shed this weight.

I have started my new weight loss goal today.  I plan on losing 50 pounds by December 1st.  This is approximately a little over 2 pounds a week.  I weight 185 right now, and would love to be 135.  I am now watching my calories and exercising everyday.  Thanks to Mom, she let me take her Wii with me to Conroe and I can work out with Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach.  It is also a plus that I have access to the apartment's fitness center 24 hours a day.

I am also using a website calorie counter called Spark People that helps me track my calorie intake, add fitness/cardio credits for exercise, and give myself goals.  My motivation is in competition with Mom.  We are making a "friendly wager" in our weight loss journey.  I told her that I would like to do something like volunteer at a food pantry or donate some money to Feeding America.  So, watch out Mom, I'm coming with a force!!  :-)

I hope that you all will help me be accountable, as I hope to be accountable to all of you in your life goals as well.

1 comment: